Pain Awareness Month
September is Pain Awareness Month, and when we all come together to educate ourselves about pain and pain management. By raising awareness and understanding the underlying causes of pain, we can all help improve to treatments and alleviate suffering.
At Park Physical Therapy in Massapequa, our team is dedicated to relieving our patients’ pain. As the providers of the best physical therapy near Farmingdale, we guarantee we’ll develop a personalized pain treatment plan for your specific circumstances.
Types of Physical Pain
Everyone has experienced some physical pain at some point in their life. From a paper cut to a broken bone, pain helps us recognize when the body is damaged. There are several different types of pain, all of which indicate different problems within the body.
- Acute pain: This comes on suddenly and is usually a short-term affliction.
- Chronic pain: This kind of pain returns again and again, and can be anywhere from mild to severe
- Phantom pain: This feels like it’s coming from a body part that’s no longer there. It is common among amputees.
- Soft tissue pain: This that occurs when organs, muscles or tissues are damaged or inflamed
- Breakthrough pain: This often occurs for long-term sufferers of pain, and can indicate that a change needs to be made with your painkillers.
Common Areas of Pain
Though there are a myriad different places pain can occur, it tends to concentrate in specific areas.
If you’re suffering from pain in one of the following areas and are searching for physical therapy near Farmingdale to alleviate your symptoms, we can help bring you relief:
- Back pain: Often occurring in the lower back, this can occur due to injury, arthritis, torn or pulled muscles, or normal wear and tear.
- Headaches: Chronic headaches will occur at least 15 days a month for more than three consecutive months. The excruciating pain they cause can affect every part of your everyday life. Our physical therapy can provide relief, especially if you would like a solution aside from over-the-counter pain medication.
- Nerve pain: When nerves are compressed or damaged, chronic nerve pain often occurs. However, nerve pain could also indicate a more serious condition.
- Joint pain: Joint pain is one of the leading causes of pain in adult Americans. Typically caused by arthritis, joint pain can range be anywhere from merely uncomfortable to completely debilitating.
How we can help
If you are experiencing pain and are in need of treatment, our physical therapy near Farmingdale can help. Our team of experts will be able to identify the source of your pain and then create a personalized treatment program that is right for you. Physical therapy can bring you long-lasting pain relief, so that you don’t have to spend another day suffering. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Pain Awareness Month
Physical therapy can bring you long-lasting pain relief, so that you don’t have to spend another day suffering. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Park Physical Therapy